Sunday, November 14, 2010

Warren Pears @ Prevedelli Farms

I discovered warren pears last year at the Prevedelli Farms stand at the Mountain View farmers' market. Once I had them, I knew I had found a new favorite fruit. I've had other pears before like bosc, barletts and anjou pears, but these were like no other pear I've had before - delicious, sweet and tasting like fall. Alas, the season only lasts a few short weeks in the fall.

When the folks at Prevedelli Farms told me in late October that warren pears would be back in season soon, I was excited. When I hit to the market a few weeks ago in anticipation of finally biting into a warren pear again, I came home disappointed - by the time I got to the market, they were all sold out. And then I went again the next week, and sold out again (!). After seeing my disappointment (and knowing that I'd been asking about the warren pears for a couple weeks), Sylvia from Prevedelli kindly offered to save me a couple pounds of warren pears for me the next week. She had to ask me if I would really be back to pick them up if she saved them for me - and I finally got my pears this week. =)


No comments:

Post a Comment